Dairy Free Country Gravy
Growing up my mom would make the best biscuits and gravy. As I got older I developed a sensitivity to dairy.
I decided to make a healthy version of country gravy that wouldn’t cause inflammation to the body.
Enjoy this country gravy recipe for it will surprise you how good it is.
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 7 tablespoons gluten free all-purpose flour
- pinch of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon of italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 4 cups Silk Original Unsweetened Cashew Milk, at room temperature
1. In a medium sized pot heat oil over medium-high heat, add flour and stir for 2 – 3 minutes, until it turns light golden brown.
2. Add the garlic powder, poultry, Italitan, seasoning and nutmeg, mix well. Mixture will form a ball of sorts.
3.Slowly add the milk and continue to stir, bring just to a boil, reduce heat to medium and continue to cook, stirring constantly, until gravy has thickened to desired consistency, about 10 minutes. Use the back of the spoon/fork to help break up the sausage if needed. Gravy will thicken a bit more as it cools.
4.Season with plenty of pepper and salt to taste. Set aside with lid on, or slightly askew stirring every now and then until ready to serve. If gravy cools too much, heat over low until warmed.