Oat Coconut Scones
6-Ingredient (perfect!) scones, made with oats and coconut flour!
They are vegan, gluten-free, nut-free, easy-to-make, and healthy.
Enjoy a healthy breakfast treat!
12 to 16 Minutes
27 to 31 Minutes
- 1 and ½ cups rolled oats (certified GF, as needed)
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 3 tablespoons of Lakanto Monk fruit sugar
- 1 and ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, chilled until solid
- ½ cup ice water
- 4 Tbsp of PB2
- 1 Tbsp of Lakanto Powdered Sugar
- 3 Tbsp of almond milk
1. Preheat the oven to 375F (190C). Lie a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Place the oats in a food processor; process into a fine flour. Add the coconut flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; pulse to combine.
3. Cut the chilled coconut oil into smaller pieces and add to the processor. Pulse until incorporated and mixture looks like slightly damp sand. Drizzle in the ice water, pulsing until completely combined.
4. Turn the dough out onto cutting board very lightly dusted with coconut flour. Pat the dough together and shape into a 6-inch (15 cm) circle about 1-inch (2.5 cm) thick.
5. Cut dough into 6 even wedges. Transfer wedges to prepared baking sheet. If desired, sprinkle tops with a bit more sugar.
6. Bake in the preheated oven for 12 to 16 minutes until golden brown and firm to the touch. Carefully transfer scones to a wire cooling rack. Serve warm or cool completely.
7. Mix together all the ingredients for the frosting and top the scones with the yummy Peanut butter spread.