A perfect midday or night snack to have on hand for the family or just to keep for yourself. 🙂 Gluten & Dairy Free.
Kimmy’s Protein Bites
Makes 20 to 25 Protein Bites
- 2 cups oat flour
- 3 scoops of Onnit powerfood protein or 1/3 cup of any other protein powder.
- 1/3 cup nut butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 4 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cup milk
- optional: 1/4-1/3 cup dairy free mini chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
1) Line a baking sheet or plate with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
2) In a large bowl, whisk together the oat flour and protein powder. Using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, stir in the nut butter, maple syrup, vanilla, and milk. The mixture should be like a cookie dough consistency— come together, but shouldn’t be sticky. If it’s too dry, add 1 Tablespoon milk. Stir in the chocolate chips, if desired.
3) Using a cookie scoop or spoon, grab 1.5-2 Tablespoons of dough and roll into balls. Set the rolled balls on the baking sheet or plate as you finish the rest.
4) Add the protein bites into a plastic baggy and add 2 tbsp of powdered sugar. Close the bag and gently shake the sugar around to coat the protein bites evenly.
5) Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week or place in freezer.