Makes: 12 servings
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 3/4 cup honey
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 cups finely ground blanched almond flour
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
Lemon Coconut Frosting
- 1 can of coconut cream (can left in fridge to harden)
- 1/4 cup Lakanto powdered sugar
- lemon slices and lemon zest for garnish (optional)
- sprinkle of cinnamon and Lakanto sugar
Preheat oven to 325F. Fill a cupcake pan with cupcake liners and set aside.
Place all wet ingredients; coconut oil, honey, eggs, lemon juice, and mix together in a bowl using a fork.
Add the dry ingredients and the lemon zest to the bowl and mix well.
Pour the batter into the cupcake liners and bake for 25 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean. The top and sides of the cupcake should be a golden brown.
Allow the cupcakes to cool completely before turning out of the pan.
- Open the can of coconut cream and scoop out only the harden coconut cream into a bowl.
Place all ingredients for the frosting in a small bowl and mix well using a spoon or fork until it becomes smooth like frosting with no clumps.