Sunflower Butter & Jelly Cookie Bars
These are probably my favorite dessert I have made by far.
Warning: don’t be shock if you end up eating the whole pan of bars in one night.
My husband and I are guilty of that. Lol
For the cookie crust and crumble
- 3/4 cup sunflower butter
- 4 tbsp Lakanto maple syrup
- 3 tbsp coconut oil melted and cooled
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
For the Jelly
- 3 cup organic strawberries frozen
- 2 Tbsp of Chia Seeds
To make the jelly
- Place strawberries in a saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Lower the heat to a simmer and cook 10 mins more minutes, stirring and scraping occasionally to prevent burning. Stir in the chia seeds and allow the jelly to cool and thicken in the refrigerator while you prepare the crust/topping.
To make the crust
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line an 8×8″ metal baking pan with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the sunflower butter, 3 tbsp maple syrup, coconut oil until smooth. Stir in the almond flour, coconut flour, and baking soda until a thick crumbly dough forms
- Press 3/4 of the dough into the prepared baking dish lined with parchment paper. Bake at 350 degrees for 7-8 minutes, then remove from oven.
To finish the bars
- Spread 1 cup of the jelly* over the partially baked crust starting in the middle and working your way out. crumble the remaining chilled dough over the top evenly.
- Drizzle 2-3 more Tbsp of sunflower butter over the top as desired, then bake in the preheated oven for 25 more minutes until center is bubbling and top is turning light brown.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting into squares – you can hill in the fridge to speed up the cooling time – the longer the bars are left to cool the easier they will be to cut into neat squares.
- Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator for up to one week. Enjoy!