Paleo Chocolate Cupcakes with Blue Coconut Frosting
This is a great healthy recipe to have at the house if you are have a sweet tooth.
The best part is that you’ll never guess the main ingredient is sweet potatoes. The sweet potatoes give the cupcakes a great brownie texture.
Top it off with some amazing blue frosting that is sweetened with monkfruit.
Enjoy this fun recipe!
Paleo & Whole30 Friendly
- 2 cups raw sweet potato minced or frozen minced sweet potatoes (got mine from Wholefoods)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup of applesauce
- 1/2 cup of Lakanto Syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup of dairy free chocolate chips (Optional)
- Can of coconut cream (left in fridge overnight)
- 1 tsp blue spirulina
- 1/4 cup of Lakanto powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
- In a food processor mince sweet potato (if you didn’t buy the pre frozen minced sweet potatoes). Then in a blender combine all ingredients for the cupcakes until smooth besides the chocolate chips. Add the chocolate chips in last after the batter is completely blended smooth.
- Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup to scoop out the batter and pour into each individual cupcake holder.
- Bake on 350F for 30 minutes.
- Using a can opener, open the coconut cream and scoop out only the harden coconut into a bowl.
- Using a mixer or a whisk mix the rest of the ingredients together into the bowl until it becomes a frosting texture. If you need to add a little bit of liquid pour just a little liquid left from the coconut cream to make the frosting consistency smoother.
- Once cupcakes are cooled off top them with the frosting and Enjoy!
- Keep refrigerated up to 5 days.