Paleo Blueberry Lemon Cake
Who doesn’t love a good cake!
This cake is insanely good and great to have over the weekends with family and friends.
Plus the blue frosting looks so pretty haha.
30 to 40 Minutes
42 to 52 Minutes
•2 tsp baking soda
•1/2 tsp salt
•2 cups blueberries
•3 lemons, juiced and zested (equals 3/4 cup juice and 3 tbsp zest)
•1/2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
•1/4 cup coconut oil
•2 tsp vanilla extract
Paleo Blue Frosting
- Pre-heat oven to 350° F (175° C).
- Grease the bottom and sides of a 9-inch springform pan with coconut oil or ghee. You can also line the bottom of the springform pan with parchment paper for easy removal.
- Combine all dry ingredients (minus the blueberries) in a large bowl and stir.
- Combine all wet ingredients in a bowl.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix with a hand-mixer on medium-high speed for about 30 seconds or until combined.
- Pour half the batter into the springform pan and add 1/2 cup of the blueberries. Pour the remaining batter and add the rest of the blueberries on top of the batter.
- Bake in the oven for 30-40mins. The batter will brown colored on top, so use a toothpick to make sure the middle is cooked through.
Instruction for Frosting:
- Combine all ingredients and mix throughly.
- Wait until the cake is cooled before placing the frosting on top so it doesn’t melt.