Paleo Strawberry Chocolate Bars
Paleo, vegan, gluten-free, easy to make and Keto friendly.
This might top all the desserts I have made haha. Enjoy!
For the cookie crust and crumble top
3/4 cup sunflower butter
4 tbsp lakanto maple syrup
3 tbsp coconut oil melted and cooled
1 cup blanched almond flour
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/2 cup of dairy free chocolate chips
1/4 cup of chopped pecans or walnuts
8 sliced fresh organic strawberries
1/4 cup of powdered peanut butter mixed with 3 Tbsp of water
For frosting drizzle
1/4 cup of lakanto powder sugar mixed with 2 to 3 Tbsp of water
To make the filling
1) Place the chocolate chips in a small microwaveable bowl. Heat up for 60 seconds or until the chocolate is melted. Don’t over heat or it will burn.
2)Mix in the pecans with the chocolate and set to the side.
To make the crust
1)Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line an 8×8″ metal baking pan with parchment paper.
2) Whisk together the sunflower butter, 3 tbsp maple syrup, coconut oil until smooth. Stir in the almond flour, coconut flour, and baking soda until a thick crumbly dough forms
3) Press 3/4 of the dough into the prepared baking dish lined with parchment paper. Bake at 350 degrees for 7-8 minutes, then remove from oven.
To finish the bars
1) Spread the chocolate filling evenly on the baked crust, next spread the sliced strawberries over the chocolate, then top it with the pb2 mixture. Crumble the remaining chilled dough over the top evenly.
2) Bake in the preheated oven for 20 more minutes until center is bubbling and top is turning light brown.
3) Allow to cool completely before cutting into squares. In the meantime drizzle the frosting on top of the bars.
4)Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator for up to one week.