Chocolate Caramel Oat Slices
If you love caramel this is recipe for you!
What I love about this recipe is all the different textures to it. You have the salty crunch with the crust and chocolate layer and the smooth sweet with the caramel layer.
Gluten free & Vegan.
10 to 15 mins
2 hrs 25 to 30 mins
- 1.5 cups of gf oat flour
- 1/3 cup of pitted dates puréed (soak dates in water overnight or for couple of hrs. Drain dates and purée in a food processor).
- 1/4 cup of lakanto maple syrup
- 1/4 cup of full fat oat milk or coconut milk
- 1/2 cup of cashew butter
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil melted
- 2/3 cup of pitted dates puréed (soak dates in water overnight or for couple of hrs. Drain dates and purée in a food processor).
- 3 tbsp of lakanto maple syrup
- 1/2 cup of chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a non-stick cake 9-inch circle pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Staring with the crust layer start by combining 1/3 cup of puréed dates, gf oat flour, maple syrup, and milk. Mix well.
- Transfer the mixture to a lined baking dish. Spread it into an even layer. Bake for 10 to 15 mins until crust is a light golden brown.
- Continue with date caramel by mixing the 2/3 cup puréed dates, maple syrup, cashew butter, and coconut oil. Set aside when done mixing.
- Pull Crust layer out of the oven and let us cool for 10 minutes before adding the caramel layer on top.
- When crust layer is baked and cooled spread the caramel layer evenly with a spatula or large spoon.
- Next, microwave chocolate chips and coconut oil for 60 seconds. Mix well and pour the dark melted chocolate over the caramel layer and sprinkle with some coarse salt.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before cutting into slices and serving.