•2 tsp baking soda
•1/2 tsp salt
•2 cups blueberries
•3 lemons, juiced and zested (equals 3/4 cup juice and 3 tbsp zest)
•1/2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
•1/4 cup coconut oil
•2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pre-heat oven to 350° F (175° C).
- Grease the bottom and sides of a 9-inch springform pan with coconut oil or ghee. You can also line the bottom of the springform pan with parchment paper for easy removal.
- Combine all dry ingredients (minus the blueberries) in a large bowl and stir.
- Combine all wet ingredients in a bowl.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix with a hand-mixer on medium-high speed for about 30 seconds or until combined.
- Pour half the batter into the springform pan and add 1/2 cup of the blueberries. Pour the remaining batter and add the rest of the blueberries on top of the batter.
- Bake in the oven for 30-40mins. The batter will brown colored on top, so use a toothpick to make sure the middle is cooked through.
Paleo Blue Frosting
- 1 can of coconut cream that’s been in the fridge overnight
- 1 tsp of Magic Blue Spirulina
- 1 scoop of Vegan Vanilla Protein Powder
- Combine all ingredients and mix throughly.
- Wait until the cake is cooled before placing the frosting on top so it doesn’t melt.