How Fascial Stretch Therapy Can Accelerate Your Fitness
Fascial Stretch Therapy, also know as FST, is an innovative system used by certified professionals that can help eliminate pain in the body, improve mobility, improve athletic performance and recovery, as well as restore impaired function for clients and patients. FST is done on a massage table with one leg strapped down to achieve maximum stretch.
Fascial Stretch Therapy
- Manipulates, lengthens, re-aligns and re-organizes your fascia.
- Increases joint space.
- Eliminates trigger points
- Improves muscle activation & relaxation.
- Improves flexibility on the first session & becomes cumulative with multiple sessions.
- We teach you how to maintain optimal fascial flexibility after we identify & eliminate the problems.
Here are some Benefits of FST
- Improved posture & functional ability to do what you couldn’t do before.
- No pain allows you to finally enjoy a life of quality.
- Restoration of normal joint space is anti-aging at its best – youthful movement without pain!
- Will make all the difference in sports performance.
- Reduces injuries so you can get on with your goals in fitness, recreation & sports.
- Improves & increases options in sex when you have a flexible body.
Now that we covered what FST does. Let’s dig a little deeper and explain what Fascia really is. Fascia is a specialized system of the body that has an appearance similar to a spider’s web or a sweater. Fascia is very densely woven, covering and interpenetrating every muscle, bone, nerve, artery and vein, as well as, all of our internal organs including the heart, lungs, brain and spinal cord. The most interesting aspect of the fascial system is that it is not just a system of separate coverings. It is actually one continuous structure that exists from head to toe without interruption. In this way you can begin to see that each part of the entire body is connected to every other part by the fascia, like the yarn in a sweater. Fascia is the least understood by doctors, therapist, and even trainers, but yet it is the most prevalent tissue in the body.
There is No medication or supplement that can improve or optimize your fascia. Healthy circulation in your muscles, joints, arteries, veins, brain & spinal cord is largely dependent on optimal flexibility of your fascia. So you can see how important your fascia is to keeping it in good condition.
“Your fascia reacts to all stress – physical, mental and emotional – by tightening & stiffening. Since fascia covers everything from all of your organs to the circulatory system to the brain & nervous system to the musculoskeletal system and more, your whole body is at risk to react to stress by tightening & stiffening. Aging of the body, mind & spirit accelerates as function decreases & quality of life deteriorates when the fascia of the body is left unattended. When your fascia is left unattended to, aging of the body, mind & spirit accelerates, function decreases & quality of life deteriorates”
- ~Ann & Chris Frederick: Creators of FST
If you are interested in trying FST, which I highly recommend, you can find a certified therapist in your area by going to, https://www.stretchtowin.com/directory. My clients personally have had amazing results with FST when it comes to marathon runners, golfers, basketball & baseball players, crossfit competitors, pregnant women, children with growing pains, and especially those who have a desk job. Book your appointment and don’t wait another day neglecting your fascia.
1.Barnes, J.F. What is Fascia. January 18, 2016, https://www.myofascialrelease.com/about/fascia-definition.aspx
- Frederick, C. (January 11, 2016). What is Fascial Stretch Therapy? January 18, 2016, https://www.stretchtowin.com/instituteblog/entry/77/what-is-fascial-stretch-therapy