Paleo Strawberry Thumbprint Cookies
If there is anything good that is coming out of this quarantine time is I am having a lot of time to bake. haha
This yummy simple cookie recipe is vegan, keto, and paleo friendly.
Enjoy this great cookie recipe!
15 to 20 Minutes
27 – 32 Minutes
20 small cookies
To make the jelly
- Place strawberries in a saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Lower the heat to a simmer and cook 10 mins more minutes, stirring and scraping occasionally to prevent burning. Allow the jelly to cool while you prepare the cookie batter.
To make the cookie thumbprint
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a big metal baking pan with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the sunflower butter, 3 tbsp maple syrup, coconut oil until smooth. Stir in the almond flour, coconut flour, and baking soda until a thick crumbly dough forms
- Using a spoon, spoon out a small sized dough and roll it into a ball. Place that ball onto the baking pan and with your thumb press down in the middle of the cookie to form a little bowl. Repeat until you have used up all the dough.
To finish the cookies
- Once cookie thumbprints are finished. You’ll want to use a 1/2 tbsp to spoon out the strawberry jelly and place it into the middle of the thumbprint cookie. Repeat until all cookies are filled up with the strawberry jelly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes until there is a light brown color on the cookies.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before moving the cookies so they don’t crumble. While cooling combine the frosting drizzle in a small bowl. Using a spoon drizzle the frosting over the cookies.
- Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator for up to one week. Enjoy!