Happy Fourth of July! 🎇
Celebrate Independence Day with this amazing cookie recipe! These simple yet delicious cookies are not only a treat for your taste buds but also cater to various dietary preferences – they’re vegan, keto, and paleo friendly.
Indulge in the patriotic festivities with these delightful cookies. Enjoy and have a fantastic Fourth of July! 🇺🇸🍪
To Make the Jelly (Skip if using strawberry jam):
1. Place strawberries in a saucepan over medium heat, bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
2. Lower the heat to a simmer and cook for an additional 10 minutes, stirring and scraping occasionally to prevent burning.
3. Allow the jelly to cool while you prepare the cookie batter.
To Make the Cookie Thumbprint:
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a large metal baking pan with parchment paper.
2. Whisk together the sunflower butter, maple syrup, and coconut oil until smooth.
3. Stir in the almond flour and coconut flour until a dough forms.
4. Using a spoon, scoop out a small amount of dough and roll it into a ball. Place the ball onto the baking pan and use your thumb to press down in the middle of the cookie to form a little bowl. Repeat until all the dough is used.
To Finish the Cookies:
1. Once the cookie thumbprints are ready, use a 1/2 tablespoon to spoon out the strawberry jelly and place it into the middle of each thumbprint cookie. Repeat until all cookies are filled.
2. Bake in the preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes until the cookies have a light brown color.
3. Allow the cookies to cool for 10 minutes before moving them to prevent crumbling. While cooling, combine the frosting drizzle in a small bowl.
4. Using a spoon, drizzle the frosting over the cookies.
5. Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator for up to one week. Enjoy!